One of the biggest challenges I face as an entrepreneur is losing focus. With some many opportunities available, I find myself moving from one idea to the next to the next and often at the detriment to what is truly important. Sometimes I'll stick with an idea for a few months, other times I find myself flip flopping several times per day! Not only does this slow down my progress in all areas, it creates a lot of unnecessary stress.
Like I mentioned last week, 2020 is the year that I have committed to focusing on my AMSOIL business and believe it or not, this will be an enormous challenge for me. Is I am writing this, I am thinking about my other businesses and the income opportunities that I haven't even started yet but I know, focusing will bring me the success that I am seeking with AMSOIL.
In his book, The One Thing, Garry Keller talks about how being singular of mind is the answer to finding more success and less stress. I highly recommend that book by the way.
How will I stay focused on AMSOIL in 2020
- I will not start any new businesses.
- I will write down any ideas I have for new businesses but will not take any action on those ideas
- I will refer out all new clients in my day job
- I will read my AMSOIL goal daily and share that goal with my friends and family so that they can remind me to stay focused
Small reminders to stay focused
I am re-designing my workspace. I spend the majority of my time in my home office at my computer. In addition to reading my AMSOIL goals daily, I am setting up some visual reminders including
- Set my computer desktop image to be the Ford FOCUS in the picture above - DONE
- Hang my AMSOIL Calendar on the wall beside my computer - DONE
- Order myself an AMSOIL coffee mug and water bottle to use at my computer - DONE
The Big One - connect with a team
I think one of the most important things I can do is build a team of like minded people around me that are also committed to building an AMSOIL business. I have a few guys on my team that are doing well that I haven't spoken to for a while. For team building in 2020, I plan to
- Reach out to each dealer in my team and try to re-connect
- Help others discover the AMSOIL business and build a relationship with him/her if needed. This will benefit me as well as the other person
Oh, by the way
You may notice that I post links to AMSOIL products and the AMSOIL business opportunity throughout this website and in my blog posts. If you would like to support me, please use those links and my referral number (5110482) when you purchase your AMSOIL products or, if you would like to join my AMSOIL team
'till next time
the AMSOIL Guy